Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A couple of recent local food finds

food wise, these are some of my more recent finds
In no particular order:



1. The potstickers at Tong Kee (and I most of the time I don't even like potstickers!) - they are light and airy, not at all greasy, and filled with the most delicate pork and veggie filling. They are so good, that they require no sauce (wow, did I really just write that? :)

Tong Kee Restaurant

2055 Gellert Blvd
Daly City, CA 94015
(650) 878-9811

2. The frozen yogurt at Harmony frozen yogurt in San Carlos. The "natural"flavor at harmony has a clean, slightly tangy taste and is made from Strauss Organic Milk. It is less tangy that some of the others I have tasted, and not at all grainy in its texture. And best of all I like it with any of the fresh fruit toppings, but would skip the mochi topping in the future. This was unlike any mochi I've ever had - small white slightly sweet chunks with a chewy texture and a mild bitter aftertaste and had no business being anywhere near this pristine scoop of frozen yogurt. But minus the mochi, and with or without fruit, it is plain divine!




http://www.harmony-yogurt.com/



1 comment:

Thinkingdoc said...

hey, got directed to your blog- love it! As a dormant foodie, I love the evocative descriptions.
Makes me want to go out and and have a good meal.